Ada Ebook gratis dari smartbear, monggo silahkan dinikmati
Peer code review is happening behind the scenes at your competitor’s shop. Are they wasting their time or gaining a competitive advantage? What type of review actually works?
We’ve compiled 10 practical essays from industry experts giving specific techniques for effective peer code review:
- Cisco: The largest-ever case study of peer code review
- Modern experiments: results of the past 15 years
- Five types of review: Pro’s and Con’s
- Managing social aspects of peer review
- Code review in the SEI/CMMI/PSP/TSP context
- Why many developers don’t embrace code review
- Questions to ask when implementing a peer review process
- Why haven’t you heard more about code review?
- Metrics and measurements
Code Collaborator: Software for efficient, remote peer review
Table of Contents & Sample Chapters
Complete Table of Contents with some chapters available on-line:
- The Case for Peer Review
- The $1 billion bug and why no one talks about peer code review.
- Resistance to Code Review
- Why some developers resist code review and how new tools change the game.
- Five Types of Review
- Pros and cons of formal, over-the-shoulder, e-mail pass-around, pair-programming, and tool-assisted reviews.
- Brand New Information
- What modern literature has to say about code review; what studies do and don’t agree on.
- Code Review at Cisco Systems
- The largest case study ever done on lightweight code review process; data and lessons.
- Social Effects of Peer Review
- Unexpected positive social aspects; handling hurt feelings, and the “Big Brother Effect.”
- Questions for a Review Process
- Questions to ask and what to do with the answers when starting a peer review process.
- Measurement & Improvement
- Which metrics are useful, what do they mean, what do they not mean, and how to use them to improve the process.
- The Science of Review Process
- The code review process from the CMM/SEI perspective.
- Code Collaborator
- Screen-by-screen walk-through for the most popular peer code review tool on the market.
- About the Contributors